A recent study has predicted that by 2020, the annual medical imaging procedures will be a whopping 140% of what they are today. Considering the fact that the US population over 65 years of age is going to double by 2030, the prediction about medical imaging demand seems to an understatement. If one looks at the radiology demands of the UK and the rest of the Europe, the statistics are more or less the same. The interesting thing to note in this context is that both the regions are struggling with a severe shortage of technical expertise. In case of radiology, this shortfall of manpower translates into expensive services, delays in diagnosis and ultimately more number of patients waiting for treatment. Here, outsourcing of radiology services is the answer and choosing India as the destination is the best answer. This is simply because India produces some of the best resources for the medical profession. Besides, there are a host of other reasons that make outsourcing of radiology to India a good idea.
Outsourcing of radiology to India is successful because:
- India - home to some of the best radiologists in the world: In India, only the best medical students make it to radiology because the criteria for selecting radiology students is the most stringent here. An Indian MD in radiology is at par with a board certified radiologist of the US, the UK and Canada. Indian radiologists are regarded highly throughout the world for their merit which is why more than 13% of board certified radiologists in the US are of Indian origin.
- Ample availability of professionals for primary reporting: In radiology, primary reporting is the most time consuming process and India has ample availability of radiologists to take care of this function. An Indian MD in radiology can do this job at a fraction of the price that you pay in the US or the UK.
- A proven track record in outsourcing: Being the hub of the outsourcing industry, India can provide you with the best radiology solutions. This is because the Indian outsourcing industry has a proven track record of handling a variety of business processes. With their experience and the support of an unmatched outsourcing infrastructure, the Indian service providers can deliver customized radiology solutions for global clients.
- Indian radiologists can deliver HIPPA compliant reports: By outsourcing your project to India, you can expect radiology services that comply with the guidelines of authorities like HIPPA. The Indian radiologists are best equipped to prepare HIPPA compliant reports because the medical rules here are very similar to those in the US. Moreover, a majority of Indian medical students go to the US for higher studies, which makes them aware of the rules there.
- Quickest turnaround time due to strategic location: Geographically, India is located in a time zone that is almost 12 hours ahead of the US and about 5 hours ahead of the UK. This time difference works in favor of the western clients as they get the work done within those 12 hours.
All these facilities that India offers, save a lot of time and resources for clients, thus making outsourcing radiology to India such a good idea.